Jul 26 2017
God named Ishmael ‘God hears’ before he was born. Years later, God heard Ishmael’s cry when he was perishing in the wilderness and opened his mother’s eyes to see a spring of water from which she gave him drink – and he lived!
Islam claims Ishmael as a spiritual forefather. Today’s Muslims are in the wilderness perishing and crying out for living water. Let the Church pray to the Father to reveal the well of living water, Jesus, so they might live!
Resist and overcome
Workers among Muslims face stiff opposition. Here are some significant forces that come against them:
- Intimidation. Islam means submission, to surrender or resign oneself. Workers may not even notice themselves doing out of fear what Islam requires of non-Muslims rather than fearing the Lord and doing what He requires of them.
- Deception. Islam promotes lies about Jesus, the nature of God, and the Bible. It encourages Muslims to use deception to protect the faith. All Christians experience accusation and temptation from the evil one, but workers among Muslims may experience this as a force against them because Muslims are so powerfully deceived to believe Islam is superior, their prophet is superior, their book is superior and they are superior. Islam defines Muslims as winners and non-Muslims as losers. This may result in anything from false humility to lowered expectations to the fear that Islam is winning.
- Wearing down the saints. Islam is a religion of works. Looking into Islam and loving people so powerfully deceived is a bleak task. Workers among Muslims may resign themselves to joyless works.
So let’s pray fervently for workers among Muslims!
(1) Let’s declare strength to their spirits to resist the adversary and his schemes!
- “Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith….” (1 Pe 5:8-9)
- “Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” (Ja 4:7)
- “You’ve not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood…” (Heb 12:4)
(2) Let’s declare awakening to their spirits to increase their faith that Christ has made them overcomers!
- “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” (Jn 1:5)
- “Do not overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” (Ro 12:21)
- “Little children, you are from God and have overcome [agents of the antichrist], for He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.” (1 Jn 4:4)
- “For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?” (1 Jn 5:4-5)
- “the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.” (Rv 12:10-11)
(3) Let’s sing a prayer for ourselves and for them.
Joyful, joyful, we adore Thee
God of glory, Lord of love
Hearts unfold like flowers before Thee
Hail Thee as the sun above!
Melt the clouds of sin and sadness
Drive the doubt of dark away
Giver of immortal gladness
Fill us with the light of day!
The comment feature is locked by administrator.